Our Safety Approach…
Improving safety performance is a priority. We work hard to continuously enhance our safety program to ensure the safety of our clients and employees. The following summarizes some of the proactive programs The Coastal Companies has implemented:
- Pre-employment and random drug testing throughout employment
- Drug-free work environment & zero tolerance policy
- Physical Exam
- Fit for Duty Exam
- New Employee Orientation and Safety Training for all employees on their very first day of work
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Job Site Safety Orientation specific to their onsite job tasks
- Daily Job-Safety-Assessment that focuses on daily work tasks and related risks
- Weekly Safety “Toolbox Talks”
- Safety Training Programs conducted by 3rd Party Consultants / A-1’s Executive Management
- Specialized Safety Training Activities including OSHA 10/30 Hour, Competent Person, Trench, and Confined Space Training
- Ability to staff full-time safety professionals based on client focused plan of action and contract requirements.
- Ability to activate our Safety Response Team on 24/7/365 program.
- Ability to provide bi-lingual translators/trainers who are OSHA trained. This allows Coastal to effectively communicate the latest OSHA information and best safety practices to our diverse workforce.
- Employees may participate in the Coastal Companies Safety Incentive Program based on safe work performance.
- Coastal has addressed personal accountability for safety actions by implementing a stringent disciplinary policy. The goal is to stop the unsafe behavior before an accident occurs.
- The prevention of soft tissue injuries presents a challenge for any construction contractor. Coastal has elicited the expertise of a chiropractor to develop a stretching program for the purpose of reducing these types of debilitating injuries.